- This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years, 2 months ago by .
Rank the Outlander books from most favorite to least and tell us why.
Here’s mine (though I’m only through DoA):
1. Outlander — because it beautifully introduces us to the characters and the place and because the way that Jamie and Claire’s relationship develops from nurse/patient through friendship to love is just so strong and sweet
2. Voyager — mostly because of Jamie’s scenes during the 20-year separation. I just love the tone of them and the melancholic quality that infuses them. And ok, the reunion is pretty awesome, too.
3. Drums of Autumn — as I’ve said before, I could read about C&J’s domestic details from now until eternity, so those elements appealed. I also liked seeing Jamie interact with both his children. And I liked Brianna’s interplay with Lord John. And I keep thinking about Jamie being in the room when Brianna delivered Jemmy. That affected me strongly for some reason.
4. Dragonfly in Amber — this is the one I struggle with the most. I don’t hate it by any means, but I found the Paris part less compelling than anything else I’ve read of DG’s work. Plus, I dehydrate myself via tears at the end, which is not a bad thing, but oh the trauma.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.