Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

What Scene Would You Most Like to See Filmed?

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion What Scene Would You Most Like to See Filmed?

• Creator
    Topic
    JB
    Participant

Bit of a change of subject, for those who are looking for one.

What scene would you love to see on the screen? Any book goes!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      rachely
      Participant

Aren’t you supposed to go first?

We all know I adore the waxing scene but that’s a dead horse I don’t want to beat anymore.

I LOVE ROLLO. I want a whole season about Rollo.

JB
      Participant

[quote quote=6656]Aren’t you supposed to go first?

[/quote]

I know, I know! I meant to, but I wanted to get the topic up and I was trying to think of the scene (in Voyager, I think) that made me think of the topic in the first place and then the baby needed lunch and I realized I had to bake something for the Super Bowl party we’re supposed to be at in a couple of hours and then another kid needed her French test corrections scanned and omg.

I’m still thinking…

JB
      Participant

Ok, I give up. I was originally thinking of some quiet moment between Jamie and Claire (duh), but I can’t remember which one. Never mind that.

Sticking with Voyager, I’d love to see how they treat Jamie’s recounting of how he found Prince Charlie’s treasure. The true story, not the one he tells Lord John. I want to see the windswept shore, the wild sea, the seals, all that landscape.

rachely
        Participant

the seals!

Lori
        Participant

Yes Rollo! Yes seals!

rachely
        Participant

it wouldn’t be incorrect to assume I like animals more than people. Except cats and horses. I’m allergic to them and they try to kill me.

Lori
        Participant

LOL – love your honesty!

May I ask quick Off Topic question? Where would be the correct place to start a new topic unrelated to Outlander or costumes? (Like animals – cute critters, snow puppies, etc.)

rachely
        Participant

I usually stick anything that isn’t costume/sewing/knitting/whatever related under “general outlander discussion” but it’s not for any great reason.

Lori
      Participant

Thanks!

barbc624
      Participant

I assume they will film the major scenes such as J&C’s reunion in Voyager and Roger telling Claire that Jamie survived Culloden so other than the ones we all expect they will film…

I love Joe Abernathy. Either the scene in the waiting room where Claire first meets him or the scene when she visits him to ask him how she looks before she leaves to find Jamie again or preferably both. 😉

Of course this is assuming they get a third season and Voyager.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by barbc624.
      Zina_t
      Participant

The clan calling scene in The Fiery Cross. It was so touching and emotionally charged…I have always thought it would look spectacular on the screen.

maureenanne
        Participant

JB as I indicated on another discussion I definitely want to see Claire and the adoration of the host at the end of Outlander. I would love to see the casting of Rollo. I want that job!

JB
        Participant

I agree, Maureenanne. I hope they give the quieter abbey scenes some time. Have they announced who’s playing Anselm yet?

Mistahbue
        Participant

Oh I hadn’t thought of the clan calling scene! That would be very emotional in so many different ways!

CelticGlamazon
      Participant

My inner pervert wants “the” LJG/Claire scene from MOBY. Sorry/not sorry. I want the DIA healing scene with Master Raymond to be done, tastefully. I get the sense that his character is vital to the long arc of the story and Claire coming into her own understanding of healing while teetering on the brink of death…just wow. I also want to see the gathering at Mount Helicon for Jocasta’s almost wedding and the naming of the wee ones from The Fiery Cross. I’m fascinated with the Jocasta storyline, and am excited to see them do River Run justice.

JB
        Participant

I was actually thinking recently about how they’d film the Master Raymond healing scene. I don’t get the feeling that they’re shying away from anything with this production, but I also feel like they could maybe get away with not showing all the details of that one.

When I reread DiA lately, I was surprised by how many scenes I was looking forward to seeing on TV. I know everyone’s excited about the costumes, but I also think about the food! Eels and baby birds and god knows what. That’s going to take some interesting food styling…

CelticGlamazon
        Participant

I agree that the opportunity for detail in the French portions of the storyline are many and varied. I’m excited to see Jamie and Claire in formal court clothes, because while I find the kilt sexy I’m excited to see some of the same variety that Claire has had in Jamie’s wardrobe.

Favorite book meme

maureenanne
        Participant

I have expanded your initial question a bit. I would love to see Jamie’s mom. We know that Jamie grew up hearing stories about her “spirit” and that she died when he was young. That is covered in the story. I do think Jamie is a boy who loved his mother and I think that accounts for his wonderful emotional intelligence. So, I would love to see the Fraser family in flashback. There is a recent promo for the April re-launch and it shows a woman in the distance. There has been quite a bit of talk about who she is and I would love for her to be his mom in some dreamlike sequence.

Katie (@bunnums)
      Participant

There are so many aren’t there? These aren’t necessarily my favorite scenes to read, but I’m very interested to see how they could play out in a visual story-telling.

Outlander – Jamie’s opium induced rage against Claire/not-Claire
      DIA – the good-bye scene at the cottage; L’Hopital (in general)
      Voyager – the reunion
      DOA – Claire attacking the bear with a fish

And I’ll stop there because I’m in the middle of FC on a re-read.

sonyakhanum
      Participant

Totally Rollo and I’m so excited to see wee Fergus!

I think most of you have already set out the scenes that I’m looking forward to: Claire and the adoration at the end of Outlander; the good-bye scene in DIA; the reunion in Voyager. I’m really looking forward to the scene when Jamie sees pictures of Brianna from the first time and seeing how he cherishes them while he has them.

In DIA, I’m definitely not looking forward to that scene when Jamie shows up drunk with hickies and scratches after visiting the brothel…let’s just say, I would’ve had a bigger reaction than Claire did haha.

conniebv
      Participant

Personally looking forward to Fraser’s Ridge and the Sally scenes, selfishly because I want to see a PoC and how that’s handled.

JB
      Participant

[quote quote=6723] There is a recent promo for the April re-launch and it shows a woman in the distance. There has been quite a bit of talk about who she is and I would love for her to be his mom in some dreamlike sequence. [/quote]

I’m firmly in the “The Blonde Is Laoghaire” camp (and think Connie totally cracked that nut with her hypothesis about what’s about to go down in that scene), but you reminded me that DG is working on an Outlander prequel all about Brian and Ellen. I am definitely looking forward to that being released someday.

conniebv
        Participant

I would LOVE to read the story of Brian and Ellen! I love any mention of them.

JB
        Participant

Have you seen the Daily Lines that DG posted from the prequel a while back on Facebook? I’ll dig a link up if that’s not ringing a bell.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by JB. Reason: Missing an L
        maureenanne
        Participant

Would love to see that. Thanks!

JB
        Participant

Here you go!

Prequel Spoiler!

AllisonL
      Participant

There’s a small moment in Voyager, just before Claire is reunited with Jamie, where she eats the peanut butter and jelly sandwich she brought from the future, then lets the plastic wrap flutter away into the street. I hope they keep it in, it drives home the finality of what Claire has done. I’d also like to see more in-depth of Claire’s experiences with Frank as Bree grew up, similar to how Ron and Co. added the scenes about Frank looking for Claire. The book explanation for why she stayed with Frank–basically, she told him to leave, he wouldn’t, so she was like, oh, okay—always struck me as flimsy, especially knowing how strong and capable Claire is. He turns into such a philandering ass, I’d like to see something in him that made Claire stay all those years.

JB
        Participant

I like your interpretation of that moment with the PB&J, Allison. When I read it, I actually got distracted from the book because I couldn’t stop thinking about what consequences might result from leaving a piece of plastic in mid-18th-century Scotland. What would whoever found it think about it?

As for Frank, I feel like he was addressed in another thread somewhere here (haven’t figured out yet if there’s a way to search the forum, as opposed to Terry’s blogs). But maybe it’s time he got his own thread. I’m gonna start one now.

Caroline
        Participant

YES. The PB&J scene. I don’t know why but that hit me right in the feels. It was the reminiscing of all the times she made sandwiches for Bree for her lunch. Her eating that sandwich was the last link to her modern life, and I wanted to cheer for that, but I couldn’t help but feel so sorry for the mother in Claire, too. I would have cried my eyes out eating that sandwich thinking of my baby I left behind.

kladislaus
      Participant

I think the scene I would like to see is one that should occur in S2. I would love to see the expression on Frank’s face the first time he sees Claire when she returns to her own time. Because Tobias is such an incredible actor, it is a wonderful opportunity for him and we fans to see something not described in the book. How will his reaction be portrayed?

hdgurl
      Participant

There are many, but, the first thing that came to mind was from The Fiery Cross – I hope to see the scene where Jamie is “confessing” to the imprisoned priest, while covertly getting Germain, Jemmy and Joanie baptized. I can only imagine the expression on Claire’s face while overhearing Jamie’s so-called confession!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.