Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

The Latest Blog Post

• Creator
    Topic
    Terry Dresbach
    Keymaster

Just in case I say something Interesting.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      janschurr
      Participant

Can I just say I find you being identified as “Keymaster” just makes me start singing the Ghostbusters theme?

sandyknc
        Participant

I thought the same thing and giggled when I read it.

ellenchristine
      Participant

Terry, I”m amazed and beguiled with the rush to get the first episode up. How in heaven’t name did you all do all those buttonholes?

Lanni
      Participant

Terry, I am sure that you have been asked, but I can’t find it on here…Will you be releasing the knitting patterns for everything on the show. Everyone is drooling and trying to replicate them, but they aren’t exactly like them. Please, Please release the patterns. We all love them.

firstlove
      Participant

This post is an response to your September 25th, 2014 about the ring.

First off, I am a Watcher at this point and am going to see the first season, THEN read Outlander. This is deliberate on my part as to see the vision Ron has for this most BELOVED story so I see it with fresh eyes first. Secondly, this show has blown me away regarding every aspect of its production. Your part in it as a storyteller is what brought me here and truly I was compelled to join this discussion forum.

I say all this, sorry it is long, because in seeing this ring…. what I see is that its simplicity is what makes is so very elegant. It suits Claire’s character as you say, she is all about simplicity. That is her strength. You could see the roughness of the ring and believe that it was made by a blacksmith.

However, in looking at the finished ring, I don’t see the parts of a key it came from, even though they explained it. Was it made by a jeweler, or did your team make it?

I look forward to seeing the blog post on the zillions of keys you looked at and the saga of the ring, starting from a nail and ending up as a key is so interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Terry Dresbach
        Keymaster

We designed a key, and then a ring based on that, and had it made by a wonderful jeweler. I will post some of the sketches and ideas when the dust settles a bit.

firstlove
        Participant

Thank you for replying to my post. I love this forum and how generous you are with your time and replies. You have given of yourself for the fans in this way and I as a fan of period costume dramas, of which Outlander is head and shoulders above so many, being able to ask YOU is something directly, I could never have imagined possible. Thank you making it a reality.

janschurr
      Participant

Terry, in the whorehouse scene with Ned getting the dress, we catch a glimpse of the lace that was at the top of the dress, that had to be taken off. Any chance of a picture of the dress with that on it? I continue to be amazed at your work, and hope you can survive doing the French sections! Excited to see them – Jamie coming into his own as a Laird who can hold his own, and Claire….*sigh*. Remember to take care of yourself and your family along the way!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.