Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Red-Headed texture queen

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums Characters Geillis Red-Headed texture queen

• Creator
    Topic
    ellenchristine
    Participant

What fun this character is to watch!. From her playing with the placement of the stole, to her constant worrying and stroking of her hair and costume, Geillis seems to be always grounding herself. You’ve chose phantasmagorical items for her wardrobe, and this leads us, or me, to perceive her as “other-wordly”. How did you come to these choices? specifically, that wondeous “monkey” jacket. Technique-wise, is it just the felting that produced the “hair” on the jacket?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Terry Dresbach
      Keymaster

It is felted. On this show, things just show up. Other worldly is a great description of Geillis.

martha
      Participant

I loveGeillis clothes.They seem to represent some kind of magic, they are like a happy keynote.

lawrencji
      Participant

OMG – Terry I love the way you think!
      Raven dress is spectacular – and with the red shoes . . . . Perfect!
      I love that you have this blog and are willing to share so much of your creative process with us. Learning about the antique lace “wings” – well that just took the Geillis’s removal of it during the confession to a whole other level – clipped her own wings.
      You are an inspiration!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.