Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Iridescence/color/texture in Nature; Costume Design

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Costuming Discussion Iridescence/color/texture in Nature; Costume Design

• Creator
    Topic
    Kelly
    Participant

A while ago, somewhere (I think), Terry mentioned an interest in iridescence in nature (or elsewhere?)…at any rate, since then I’ve come across a few images that made me immediately think of Terry’s costume design – both photos are from treehugger.com (lovely site – don’t let the crunchiness of the title fool you). I’m fascinated by color & texture and how it can be applied to textile art.

Wondering if others have reference material as well…?

I’ve attached the two photos that particularly caught my eye.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Kelly
      Participant

Realized I had one more…this one I photographed – its Geum/Prairie Smoke I think it’s called.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Kelly. Reason: reduce file size of photo
      Terry Dresbach
      Keymaster

It just astonishes me. So amazing.

Kelly
      Participant

I think the winged creatures have a corner market on color and texture, and I think some of the moths look like butterflies in sweaters. It’s like they’ve got on knitwear.

The other thing that fascinates is transparency in nature – clear wings or petals.

Kelly
      Participant

I can see all of these as source material for textile art or costume design too.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by Kelly. Reason: adding comment to photos
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.