Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Getting Started…

• Creator
    Topic
    tlparadis
    Participant

Thanks for the work done to get the forum up and going! I would suggest that perhaps the admins have a “Start Here” Post pinned to the top for new folks joining. I hadn’t realized that I needed to register for a profile here on the forum and spent 10 minutes or so going round and round trying to get my wordpress login to work.. and it didn’t 😉 It’d also be a place to answer common procedural issues as they arise. But wait… problems never happen, so what was I thinking? LOL.

Thanks, again!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Katie (@bunnums)
      Participant

Good point. I’ve been trying to figure out where to add my profile picture, but haven’t been able to find it. Any hints would be much appreciated!

Katie

Mandy Tidwell
        Keymaster

Great idea. I’ll work on that.

ellenchristine
        Participant

Thank you, Mandy Tidwell, and Terry, for helping me get in. Not sure if I managed to “register”, or if I”m in here by sneaking in as myself.
        but hey, I’m here.

KnitzyBlonde
        Participant

Hi Mandy,

I saw your other post about filling out profile an adding photo. But try as I might, I cannot add a photo. I’ve tried every possible thing, did some searches for info, but nothing works. I have the blank (grey and white) head photo that when I click on it, does absolutely nothing.

Any ideas or suggestions?

KnitzyBlonde
        Participant

I’m having the exact same problem. I’ve gone to my profile, but there is not place to click to upload my photo. Let me know as well, please. Thanks!

tlparadis
      Participant

I can’t seem to figure out where to change the profile picture. You can change several elements of your profile if you click on your name under the picture OR if you click on the upper right corner of the screen, where it says “Howdy, [name]” It has to be pulling mine from my other WP profile, since that’s an old picture that I haven’t used in forever, LOL.

Terry Dresbach
      Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion, we’re trying to pull it all together, but that is a good idea.

tlparadis
      Participant

It’ll all come together, I’m certain. No pressure, just trying to help with details. I tend to forget them and they drop all over the floor and then hide under the furniture….

dilovesbooks
      Participant

Hi Terry,

Congrats on your new forum and want you to know your efforts (and the moderators’) is so very much appreciated. I’ve been trying to sign on for a couple of days and was finally able to. My fault though, and my WordPress issues; thought I didn’t have to register because I had a WP password – which I had forgotten anyway!

If ever I offer to help out with this site in any way, say “NO!”

sandyknc
      Participant

I looked to see if I could change my profile picture. Like the posters above, I can’t find a place to change it. I also noticed I no longer have access to the other blogs I follow. There was a place at the top where I could switch back and forth between blogs, now there is only Terry. I seem to be logging directly into this blog and forum, rather than a personal home page. I logged out and tried again a couple times. I tried just logging in and I also tried logging in through WordPress, both did the same thing…opened up to this blog and forum. I guess you are stuck with me Terry!

sandyknc
      Participant

I think I figured it out. This site is terrydresbach.com . To get back to your original profile you need to start and log in at wordpress.com . When I started there I was able to access the profile page that allows me to change my profile picture. I used my wordpress password for this forum, but I think you can have two different passwords, if you wanted…I think. We are really going to two different websites. Good luck!

Once we have the site stable and a little more speedy, we can make it so that people can update more of their profile here. It is a mater of time. In the meantime, yes, you could do it at WordPress.com and then login here with your wordpress account. It will then show your wordpress.com profile image as SandyKNC said.

michellibell
      Participant

Hello all!
      I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Amy and I’m a theater teacher in Texas. I do 7 productions a year between my high school and middle school. I have a very, very small budget, so much of my costuming is created by me from garage sale items, clearance racks, donations and lots and lots of hot glue 🙂
      I’m so excited to be here! The costuming on Outlander is better than I ever imagined it in my own head. I’ve been a fan of this series for years and seeing it come to fruition is so exciting!

Ari
      Participant

Hello all of you,
      I am posting my “Hello and introduction”-post which I obiviously wrongly posted in the “Tea Room” here again 🙂
      As you can tell by my faux pas earlier, I am new in your forum and just wanted to drop a note to say “Hi” and introduce myself. Probably I should apologize beforehand as I am not a native speaker of English my posts might sometimes lack of sophistication. But I will be happy to contribute to the forum as I am eagerly following the conversations, articles and discussions on the show and the costumes etc. Thank you for adding me to the forum. Looking forward to be part of your group! I am adding a pic of my last visit to Scottland in May this year for you.
      – Ari

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.