Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

France

• Creator
    Topic
    ministerscat
    Participant

I am thoroughly enjoying the costume department’s work! I am anxiously waiting to see if the red dress makes it into the adaptation and how Terry and her team handle the very provocative dress of those in French court.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      michellibell
      Participant

Yes, that red dress will be a fun one to design, won’t it?

ministerscat
      Participant

I think designing 18th century costumes and accessories qualifies as my dream job. Wish I had figured that out 20 years ago.

LillyV
      Participant

Don’t forget the pierced nipple “pastie/jeweled ring thingies” on a certain character … ;P

ministerscat
      Participant

That’s what I was thinking about when I said provocative! Crazy couture in France then. 🙂

nsrhoads
      Participant

I can’t wait to see the intricate French wigs with all of the crazy extra bits in them!!

Amanda
      Participant

The work on this show is fantastic. But I hope for their sake they can rent some pieces for the court costumes. I know that Terry has said it wasn’t an option on season one. But, good lord, all those sacque back gowns are not for the faint of heart.

shoogieboogie
      Participant

I can’t wait to see what they do with Jamie’s costumes.

marionsnet
      Participant

I share this beautiful video from lyon fabrics museum about XVIII women fashion. Inspirating – Just look at the exquisite details

Enjoy
      a french terry’s work “admiratrice”

marionsnet
      Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.