Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Connecting the Blog to the Forum

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Connecting the Blog to the Forum

• Creator
    Topic
    cainsworth
    Participant

Question for either Terry or the moderators in this forum:
    In light of the most recent blog post about creating more discussion within the forum, I was wondering if— once the comments section on the blog is eliminated—- it might be possible to somehow include a link connecting blog posts to the forum? In other words, if someone feels compelled to talk about a specific blog topic (such as “Women’s Work”), is it possible to put a link at the bottom of the post that would lead to a specific forum area for that topic? Personally, I would *love* to discuss Terry’s posts in the forum, but right now I’m having a hard time trying to figure out where to go to find people who might want to focus on one certain blog post topic over another. And I feel awkward creating my own topic on the subject (just in case someone else already has and I just haven’t seen it). It seems like it might be good to have a somewhat “official” place to go.

I’m not sure if that’s possible— and please don’t worry about it if it’s going to be more trouble than it’s worth— but thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask. 🙂

(And I’d like to say that personally, I don’t think the forum is an outdated concept. From what I’ve seen, I truly appreciate the discussion here. I can’t participate as much as I’d like right now because I’m in school, but hopefully that will change soon. 😉 )

Cheers,
    ~Carmen

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      dennasus
      Participant

I posted a similar idea as comment (as long as it’s still possible *g*) to Terry’s latest blog post. I, as well, think, it would be much easier to move the discussion from the blog to the forum if there were a specific thread / sub-forum or anything easily to find place here where we can comment on certain blog posts directly. In reply to my comment Terry said that there was/is a comment on blog post thread here, but I don’t see it, at least not on first glance. Maybe there is a way to “pin” this thread to to the top, so it stays visible for everyone?

cainsworth
        Participant

Pinning is a great idea… good call! I, too, didn’t realize that there is a thread for blog post comments. I think a link within the blog posts could still be helpful as well— especially for people who are new to the blog and aren’t necessarily aware of the forum.
        ~Carmen

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by cainsworth.
      barbc624
      Participant

I would hate to see the forum gone. We have had such marvelous general Outlander discussions here and I don’t want to lose that. 🙂 I love the blog posts and pictures of the costumes but to be honest I am not a costumer or re-enactor so other than expressing my heartfelt admiration for the amazing costuming Terry has created, I don’t have a lot to say about them. So if there is a not a way to directly link blog posts to forum topics, maybe an idea would be to create a forum topic with the same title as the blog post at the same time the blog post is made and then include the link to it in the blog post. That way all comments would go right to the forum and anyone wanting to join/see the discussion could click the link and be taken straught there.

cainsworth
        Participant

I think you explained it better than I did, Barb… but that’s exactly what I was asking. 🙂 Hopefully they can make that happen…?
        ~Carmen

CelticGlamazon
      Participant

I’m just going to say ditto…all of this. I would also love to continue the discussions started about the blog posts, but wasn’t aware of the location of said discussions. 🙂 Love the forum, Terry, but understand if it’s not working for you. I’m grateful for the opportunity to participate as much as I have been, and the group here are amazing. /hugs

michellibell
      Participant

I love this forum. I’ve already made a few new friends and I love coming here to talk about subjects that are Outlander and costume related. And lots of topics that aren’t. 🙂

Julia
      Participant

I’ve had a great time discussing here too and would hate for that to go away. I feel like I’m back in my English lit classes sometimes and just love it!

Triple ditto! I’m having a great time reading posts from the forum, and being a part of the discussions. It’s the first time I’ve done something like this and hope to continue sharing thoughts with you all!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.