Outlander Costume Designer

Book possibility?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    kukrae
    Participant

Terry,
    A few years ago, there was a costume book available about the world of Star Wars (called “Dressing A Galaxy”) Everything from concept sketches, to photos/details of construction and actual fabric swatches.

I’d like to propose this idea to you for creating such a book for lovers of the world of Outlander. One, it would fulfill our need for the details. Two, your work deserves such recognition because your attention to detail is amazing.

It’s just an idea to consider, but I’d bet many would be sold!! (Even more if you’d sign them :):)

Tamara
    kukrae

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      ellenchristine
      Participant

I second that emotion.

juliet3911
      Participant

I too would love to see a book on this… would be one of the first in line.. the task of dressing outlander… love the idea… and yes…terry … you and your talents need documented for future generations to enjoy as well.

Christa Thomas
      Participant

Oh yes! I would also LOVE such a book. In the meantime, I am so grateful to you for this forum and to Ron and so many others from the show who share so generously with us fans. It just adds to the magic.

alix
      Participant

I would like to see a line of patterns for the shirts, waist coats, coats and other items. I would even like to get my hands on a pair of boots similar to Jamie’s and or Randall’s. Oh!, and Claire’s knitted items too!

ministerscat
      Participant

What a fabulous idea! I would love to have a book such as this.

AmyLouWho
      Participant

I would especially be interested in patterns for all the gorgeous knits to be included.

martha
      Participant

Yes, a book would be an excellent idea. We need books on costume designing! I don’t know why, since I consider this to be a very interesting area, there are not so many books, as expected, on this field. For me is very fascinating and didactic to stydy this kind of books!

sonyakhanum
      Participant

Brilliant idea! Or even a touring exhibition of the costumes and props, similar to what was done for Game of Thrones (pretty neat to see them in person, feels like you’re looking at historical artifacts).

hillbilleter
      Participant

A book would be an absolute bestseller! Love the idea. Please, please, please, shop it to publishers? Please?

ChristinePincince
      Participant

There would of course be many permissions and releases you would need from every one from Herself to each of the talent shown, to Starz and the set photographer even perhaps. But it could be done and loved by many. Maybe for the legalities Starz would do the legal legwork for you as it would benefit them as well for the publicity etc on many levels. My suggestion would be put together a proposal for them first, to the legal dept before you do all the work required for such an undertaking and you may find them eager to help and provide you with the sign offs and even marketing assistance. Good luck and know I will buy one when you are published…

julieis
      Participant

Terry,
      I am adding my vote for a book. The drawings we get a little glimpse of, is a visual delight. The Wedding dress alone could be it’s own chapter! I would buy several for all my Outlander friends I have converted!
      Does Herself have a hankering to collaborate on a costume book?
      Best,
      JW

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.