Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: The Dress

Franatius
Participant

Hi Terry, I’m very late to this party and so you may never read this, but I just wanted to say that I loved everything about THE dress and everything you design for the show. I can’t wait to see what delights you will create for season 2 (and hopefully beyond!!!)
I love that you have obviously been working with the Scottish textile mills to not only create tartans for the show, but to now be available as merchandise for fans. Can I beg and plead with you to take it a step further and get some other items produced like for example Claire’s wedding shift? The whole wedding costume was exquisite, right down to the shift and I’ve got to tell you, I think I would do just about anything to get my hands on that heavenly floating dreamy shift and I am sure I am not the only one!!! Though there are probably a lot of lassies who would like to role play the “fairs fair take off yours as well…” I actually just want one to sleep in and float around the house in!! If you can’t get a manufacturer, can you or one of your team provide a pattern and let us know the fabric? It wasn’t just a linen shift. I have one of those already. Claire’s was double layered and floaty and divine.
Yours in hope and anticipation. SF

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Franatius.