Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

hdgurl
Participant

Just yesterday I was disgusted with some (actually a lot) of the crass comments some women were making (in a private FB group) in regards to a scene scrape from the episode “By the Pricking of My Thumbs.” I am no wall flower — I have bartended/cocktail waitressed in many different types of bars from a famous club in NYC to a hole in the wall biker bar in PA. I’ve even filled in bartending for a friend once in a while at a go-go bar. (You gotta do what you gotta do to support your family! Pease don’t judge me. I’m a corporate girl now but do miss bartending, sometimes!) I have heard my share of lewdness and obscenity. It has never been anything that sat well with me. (I have also been subjected to it myself… since I’m not a public figure, I have no problem putting people in their place!) It has been my experience that (please don’t get mad at me) most women that participate in this sexually aggressive behavior are far worse than most men. For some reason, they think because they are women, there is nothing wrong with the undignified comments or getting “touchy-feely” with men. I believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect, regardless of who they are or what they do for a living. I don’t know where I meant to go with this — I guess I just wanted to get that off my chest!

Thanks for listening. Have a great night/weekend!
– Debi