Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

MedusaZ
Participant

Just a thought after reading all the above. Personal space and the intrusion thereof is different for each person. That is a given.

This is what truly intrigues me about Mr. Heughan. He is a grown man of 35, yet he inspires a dual response from his fans. The primary response is overtly sexual with double entendres running rampant. The second response is that of a mother protecting her young. What a strange duality coming from the fans. One for the psychology books for sure. It would make a great PhD thesis.

A few years ago I worked with an extremely good looking man. The company required all to attend the usual harassment lectures. I asked this man about the lectures and how he would feel if women were to make physical contact with him in the work place. He said….”Harass away”.

Mr. Heughan and Mr. Weber seem to be able to handle themselves quite nicely. I think it is a gift that the Outlander actors and production staff are so open with their fans. I would hate to see that change because a few people never learned good manners.