Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

kladislaus
Participant

I don’t think anyone here in this discussion thinks Sam or other cast members need to be protected. I don’t know the man, and it very unlikely I will ever meet him. But if I did, like I have with politicians, musicians, singers, authors, actors and comedians I have met in formal and informal situations, thank them for their work and extend a hand. Not cuddle up like a familiar, try to kiss them or any other inappropriate physical contact because I wouldn’t want to make someone uncomfortable and put into an awkward position to have to go along with it.

I agree, Sam appears to be a kind young man. I respect his social media kindness to the young lady that embarrassed herself and was berated by others.