Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

aliaslaceygreen
Participant

[quote quote=8691] would feel that they have to protect a grown man from a woman who (intentionally or unintentionally) patted him on the bum doesn’t say much for what they think of his ability to make his feelings clear. The “childification” of Sam, Cait or Graham in some of these posts is really disturbing.

[/quote]Childification…. while not a word (too clunky) is exactly it! I think you have it. Sam is not going to call her out, he isn’t going to press charges, and of course he is going to accept her apology… it could have been inadvertent or not. He and she alone have the only true answer.
But as a public figure, he is going to have to put on the right face…just as this week with William Shatner carrying on on Twitter, Sam is going to be the gentleman. Because he knows better than to publicly shame. Or he was told not to publicly shame, but I am going to go with my belief that Sam Heughan was raised right.