Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

kladislaus
Participant

I came to the forum this morning to post about this, glad to see you have already brought this incident forward Jan.

First, I would ask, how is Sam supposed to react? By definition, it was assault as the physical contact was not consensual. It was disrespectful and goes to the previous discussions in this thread regarding the objectification of Sam. Fans that behave in such a manner should be schooled on proper behavior, especially when their behavior qualifies as sexual assault.

I understand that the woman who looked up Graham McTavish’s kilt has been banned from attending Outlander related events, perhaps the woman that inappropriately touched Sam Heughan should also be on such a list. Without consequences, these types of fans and poor behavior will continue and ruin it for fans who have a “firm grasp” on propriety and social etiquette. As I said on Twitter “pathetic” and was then attacked, poor behavior is pathetic.

Maybe someone needs to write a book on fan protocol.

Kathleen