Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Upcycling : From curtain to robe de l'anglaise

maureenanne
Participant

I have an old website that I still maintain and I keep telling myself that I am going to take a week off to update this. Check out celticblouses.com and you can see some of the designs I’ve worked on. I too keep it simple and use paintings to get a sense of the patterns. I really dislike skirts and so I focused quite a bit of effort on the blouse or bodice. My favorite styles are medieval and empire/Josephine. You can see some of the embroidered images on the wraps and I did make one that I called Dragonfly in Amber. My interest these days is jewelry making and I love, love chatelaine belts. It has been hard for me to get the right balance of metal for the belt, fabric for the purse and keys and knives to make it authentic. The one I am working on now is hammered silver chain, plaid pouch with an embroidered thistle and then large skeleton keys and a celtic dart hanging down. I love the image in my mind but I don’t like what I am seeing in front of me yet 🙁 This is just my hobby and so I pick it up when I can. Take care. Maureen