Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Julia
Participant

I’m sorry, but so much of what you wrote is confusing that I honestly don’t see how I can respond. Just as one example:

you said: “Also, it isn’t fair to refer to people as “older women who should know better.” That’s a value judgement that will get you in trouble online.”

*I* didn’t say that, the person asking the question said that.

And then this:

You said: ” You assumed she was being “cheeky” and thus that his response was “cheeky” too. That isn’t the only possible interpretation of that exchange. For all I know, for example, he’s like millions of other men and he likes older women.”

If you read the comment/question, she absolutely WAS being suggestive/cheeky. Geez. And there’s no way Sam could know she was an “older woman” because on Twitter you don’t know that about people. I think you’re just confused, honestly. Which is why it’s hard for me to have a discussion about this.

Have you ever heard the expression: I you hear hoofbeats, don’t assume it’s zebras when it’s most likely horses? Iows, go with the most likely answer.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Julia.