Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

jackie
Participant

I’m sorry but I don’t really understand what you are talking about. I don’t know which video you mean. I do think that no one is responsible for how someone else reacts to them. I don’t think the girl in the short skirt is responsible for being sexually assaulted, as one famous example. And I don’t think a guy trying to find a balance between being a real human being and a celebrity on Twitter or IRL is bringing anything on himself. If he tweeted a video or photo of a woman and the fans were awful toward her, well then he probably hasn’t done it again. I feel as though you are talking more about you (in the sense of something you are grappling with personally) than about Sam H. who is basically doing his thing; working on his craft; and once in awhile tweeting and re-tweeting and putting up with crazy fans. For myself, if I start feeling bugged by someone on Twitter, I mute or block them. I will take a wild guess that SH has done the same before, maybe to one of us!