Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Photomom
Participant

I started with the Outlander books less than a year ago and blew through all 8 books in less than 6 months. I fell in love with Jaime and Claire and all their extended family, as I read I was pulled into the story (which is a tribute to Diana and her storytelling/writing skills). I laughed and cried for and with all the characters but especially Jaime and Claire. When I saw Outlander was being turned into a television show I was enthralled. I could not believe that the characters I so loved were being transformed into flesh and blood. I was immediately immersed in the “rabid fandom” and soon realized from what I was seeing that I had to take a step back give myself the “Denozo/Gibbs slap” and remember that Jaime and Claire are just characters in a book and that the actors are a separate entity. I will post more later in an effort not to bore you with my ramblings.