Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

jackie
Participant

Hi Maggie and others: That is an interesting comment about watching the fandom attack itself along with another poster’s question about whether breaking the season was wise. I would have loved to hear your thoughts on the reaction to the pics but understand that you along with some others have distanced yourselves a bit. I actually read all of the books after the show aired, so it is much more immediate and new to me. I have never in my life been part of a fandom so that is new and sometimes pretty shocking. One or two of the people you mention who are on twitter share followers with me (and I with them). So, that is interesting too. I am always most surprised when I discover that my political twitter friends are also fans of Outlander. My sense is that those who responded here and in the mystery place where the original version of my post went somewhere in the thread…are pretty much in agreement on the issue of illegal pics and how they are being treated or dealt with by many fans. I really appreciate this site and hope I can get to know some of you here in what seems a pretty safe place when the mid-season break ends in April.