Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Nicka
Participant

Oh, no! I think it is a terrible shame to abandon a wonderful show, which is masterly adapted, because some of the fans are out of hand. That is beyond throwing out the baby with the bathwater, that’s burning down the whole damn house!

I can see how aggravating it is to “align” yourself in liking a show that some fans are obnoxiously obsessed over. BUT…but, but, but…its a fabulous show! I adore the adaptation, the characters, the acting, and the magnificent world-building. I found this blog because I was fascinated at the level of detail and creativity that went into making this show. As much as I like the story, I like the art of creating the show- and the costumes are essential to the characterization and the world-building, as essential as the setting of Scotland itself. I wouldn’t want to abandon that appreciation and enjoyment because some girls are overly excited by Mr. Heughan’s rear!

I hope you can look at it a different way, if that works for you. Not that I’m telling you what to do, of course. But I do hope the lunatics don’t take over the asylum and fans choose to give up something so great because of a few foul voices. In fact, I think the show runners and actors would probably appreciate the support of the respectful fans even more. I think to “punish” the amazing creators of this show- the network, producers, actors, creative staff- because of the actions of fans seems both sad and unfair.

Just my 2 cents. Cheers!