Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

AllisonL
Participant

I’m not on twitter (causes too much brain clutter) and had no idea about the photos until I read about them here, just now. If the photos were stolen by an individual who hacked into STARZ or SH’s account, that person should be tracked down and prosecuted-no question. It’s clear from the forums here that everyone is going through droughtlander exhaustion, myself included. I suspect things will pick up once the series starts again, though. The series is too good to abandon it because of some crazed fans who have lost their collective minds over an attractive man. I’m very much looking forward to see how Ron and Co. have done the rest of book 1, I trust his team that it will be as well done and respectful as the first half. As for as frontal nudity of Jamie, I agree with Jackie. Of course Jamie will be nude if they are to be faithful to the story; if SH has a contractual obligation to perform ffn, I am confident that, if it’s done, it will be respectful and honest. The way I see it, there would be an even bigger outcry from the book fans if they didn’t do the sex in the same way as it is done in the books. Just look at the blowback when they didn’t do the “slippery as water weed” scene after the raid in episode 8. I’m also looking forward to discussing each episode with the women here on this forum, you are so amazing and it is the only place I’ve found where I can share my admiration for DG and the series freely.