Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

plaidwoman
Participant

Jackie
I was traveling yesterday and only had sporadic access to the Internet so when I saw the photos, I had a couple of hours to ponder my thoughts on the pictures. First I was shocked that Starz posted but then thought, no they wouldn’t, just wouldnt. It wasn’t the style of PR I’d seen. Second I was disturbed (but not surprised) that it had taken off virally. It’s just wrong on so many levels not the least of which is piracy and the most of which is it is demeaning to all of the artists who have worked really hard to bring a story to life and not isolated pictures that depict the story as only about sex and/or nudity. There are parts of SM I really like but between this type of behavior and the insane Twitter and FB wars about who’s right and who’s wrong and who’s dating or sleeping with whom makes me sad. I’ll still watch and I’ll still cheer but I will continue to mute, delete, block and unfriend those that I opine as out of line. Nothing I write or discuss will affect their thought process because it’s all about being right even in this forum! Irregardless it seems to be a safer place not to get crucified for thinking out loud.
Jackie, I’m not disagreeing with your thoughts. They’re valid and tjought provoking. I just wanted to share my thoughts as well. Have a great Sunday.
PS I’m writing on my phone so it’s a bit disjointed.