Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Katie (@bunnums)
Participant

The conversation about which of the Outlander women we relate to is fascinating! I really admire Claire but I have to agree that I don’t think I could be friends with her, at least not BFFs. (I also have to admit that I would go INSANE if I were married to Jamie, but I think he and Claire are absolutely perfect together and I love reading about them.)

I really like Rachel. She’s super intelligent and quick-witted, logical with common sense, gentle and nurturing, but will rise like a mama bear when she or her loved ones are threatened. I think I relate to her the most and I really can’t wait to see what she’s like as a mother and to watch her relationship with Ian deepen and grow.

I’ve also always liked Lizzie, but even more now that she’s matured and gained a lot of self-confidence.

Bree I always want to knock upside the head, particularly when she was younger. I just don’t understand a lot of her decision-making. (Though I love that I can feel that way about a fictional character! LOL!)

Katie