Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

AllisonL
Participant

I never connected with Bree at all. I read somewhere that DG didn’t really know what to do with her either, for quite a while. I wonder if DG’s inability to “see” where Bree fit in imbued the character with that sense of meh. The only time I thought Bree was working was when they went back to the 20th century in MOBY. I really liked the parallel storylines and DG seemed to hit her stride in writing the character. Then wham! I verra much want to vent about the ending of MOBY, but I’ll save that for another thread. . .as well as why everyone seems to want to rape Bree no matter what century she’s in.

As far as scenes in DiA, I’m looking forward to the introduction of Lord John in the scene where he thinks he’s saving Claire. I can’t imagine they won’t film some version of that, since LJ plays such a big role later.