Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Male View Point

sonyakhanum
Participant

My husband enjoys the show and watches it with me (he even suggested that we have an Outlander marathon one night). I don’t think he enjoys it as much as I do, but he definitely likes it. He’s a huge Ron D. Moore fan too, so that might explain his interest. He also loves scifi/fantasy/history.

He’s read the first two books. He just finished DIA last week, and couldn’t put the book down toward the end (he actually read the book instead of watching a very important hockey game – I was impressed and it was totally out of character for him). But, he’s an avid reader and seems to have no boundaries in terms of what genre he reads (eg. he’s read the entire Sookie Stackhouse series, whereas I just can’t be bothered by it), so that might explain his interest in the books.

He’s quite sympathetic toward Frank. While we were watching the show, and before he started reading the book, he kept reminding me about how unfortunate it is for Frank (ie. losing your wife to time, having her fall in love with another, etc.). Gives me an interesting perspective about Frank.

We often talk about casting for DIA and we had VERY different ideas about Roger – he imagined him as a “bookish” type guy (he gave Ben Winshaw as an example)…totally not how I imagined him.

If I remember anything else he says, I’ll let you all know 🙂