Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations Reply To: Dragonfly in Amber: Book Discussion and Show Expectations

Shieldmaiden
Participant

There is one little scene I’d particularly like to see – it’s in the first part of the book, when Claire and Jamie are at The Rohan’s house and Herr Johannes Gerstmann, the king’s singing master, invites them to take part in an impromptu chorus. Claire has a moment of bonding with the shy Mary Hawkins who she persuades to sing with the choir despite her stammer (Mary ends up singing hidden behind a curtain, but singing nonetheless). I think that Bear McCreary, the show’s composer, could have a lot of fun making the music for this – either by digging up some interesting baroque music, or composing some himself.
There’s also a scene at the end of part one where Claire and Jamie have a huge fight after he returns from a brothel covered in bites and scratches. Since the scene involves a bathtub, a mostly naked Jamie, and quite a lot of meaty dialogue for the actors, ranging from comedic to poignant, I think that the producers would be crazy if they passed on the opportunity to film this.
Sorry if my English is unclear – it’s not my mother tongue and I’m high on flu medication. I guess it’s the fever that finally gave me the courage to post here.