Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Lady Gwynedd
Participant

Mags, I was just responding to Patricia. She asked for discussion. She brought up Diana’s faux pas, not me. I believed I was mentioning something that was relevant to the new point that Tricia brought up… that DGs foible should be ignored because she has said so many other wonderful things. And it tied in further with Tricia’s point that people mix up the actors with their characters and that, of course, is inappropriate.

But you do illustrate the very thing you were trying to chastise me for. You’ve basically asked me to to stifle my opinion because it disagreed with yours. For the record, I spoke to the DG issue once, and then responded to two people who responded to me. I didn’t jump on anyone who disagreed with me on that matter. I just voiced a different opinion a different point of view. That’s what we’re going for here, aren’t we? Or despite what several people claimed, this really isn’t a place for different opinions, just for people who agree with each other?

(BTW the Caesar’s wife reference simply refers to anyone who is in a higher hierarchical position. Diana, as author of the saga, is very revered, and thus, in this case is Caesar’s wife.)