Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

TerriP
Participant

No one would argue against that Barb. What I’m saying is that images of healthy human sexuality have to be given context and kept under control or they will be corrupted. You lose control of anything you post on twitter. For the guys who surf twitter for pics of women in bikini’s Sam is now “a player” and the lady is on object (a factual statement – doesn’t matter what he intended). And you do have to take responsibility for what you put out because there will be consequences you’re gonna have to deal with. This is not the ideal world. I still can’t go topless like I want to. I mean, I guess I could, but I cannot expect to go unmolested because folks don’t look at my breasts the way I do. Twitter has rules and it has ruined the lives and careers of those who violate them. Be safe.