Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

conniebv
Participant

One of the issues raised recently was that if Sam did choose to speak out, perhaps this would result in followers leaving him, but I want to present as examples both Stephen Amell and Orlando Jones. Both have a really solid social media presence and are considered ambassadors to their shows… and both are SUPER quick to shut down anyone who is being inappropriate or disrespectful. I mean, Amell is a god among men but in my two years of fandom I only ever heard of one fan incident where someone crossed a line and he shut it down.
Now granted that show is probably better known than this one, with a more established fan base, and it doesn’t excuse the behavior, but I do think it is very useful to have the stars set the tone.