Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

patriciatrish
Participant

I find it a little disconcerting that I have had to spend so much time explaining that what Sam did objectified that woman.

I find it disconcerting that while many people have replied to your repeated argument with respectful disagreement, you can not seem to do the same for your fellow posters. Talking down to us and repeating over and over that you and only you are correct is not going to make your argument more appealing. This has become less a discussion on objectification and more a personal vendetta on you being told that you are correct. Your opinion is your opinion and is not a set fact. I respect your opinion and your right to it, but I can not respect you repeating it over and over here, not listening to others and you telling others it doesn’t matter what we think, because you and only you are in possession of the facts.

Sam Heughan can take control if he doesn’t like what is happening.

I am taking this slightly out of context, but this is a place where I agree with you. I don’t totally agree with your suggested course of action, but I do agree the situation is in Sam’s control: he can mute unruly followers or choose not to participate in social media. I wouldn’t blame him if he chose to do this. We have no right to his personal life and for myself I only ask that he keep entertaining me as he has been doing.

I understand that this is a passionate topic for you TerriP but the way you present it and repeat it makes it difficult for discussion to continue. Discussion — not echo chamber. Discussion — not personal sounding board. Please listen to others and respect that their viewpoint might be different than yours.