Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

maureenanne
Participant

I’m here cause I don’t want to be fined…

I suspect that SH and CB have certain expectations paced on them regarding the marketing of the series. I think the marketing of the show can be improved. Some of the aspects of the current marketing efforts could have led or lead to objectification of the characters. I would love to see a thread devoted to this. I think this could result in thoughtful recommendations back to STARZ.

I don’t think that an actor posting a friendly video of a friend in a pool rises to the level of objectification or negates their right to be treated with respect or their right of privacy. But your thoughts TerriP are valuable because your comments do illustrate that social media is a brave new world and there are no clear lines between our professional lives and personal lives.

I suspect that the nasty and overreaching responses back were lesson enough for SH to find another way to communicate with and still protect his friends and family.