Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

barbc624
Participant

[quote quote=6620]

It’s distracting and unpleasant to have to have discussions about butts, objectification and diplorable fan behavior.

Well said, Plaidwoman! I enjoy this show so much and there’s so much negativity on the board about how other people are approaching it. I hope we can get back to discussing what we like about the show. I don’t want to be shamed for enjoying both lead actors (and Graham McTavish and the rest of the supporting cast).

[/quote]

Hi Maggie;

I’m sorry you took my response to your post as saying you should leave. That certainly was not the intent. What I said was:

“There is a lot of diversity on this board and not every thread is for everyone. Why not start a thread on a topic you are interested in discussing? It’s fun to see what different people come up with. :)”

You seemed upset about what you perceived as negativity on the boards towards the show and what I said was my(obviously poor) attempt to let you know that there are lots of positive threads here and everyone is encouraged to start new ones if the ones existing aren’t their cup of tea. I personally have said my piece about the objectification issues and since I have no control over Starz or other fans’ actions I have moved on from it. There are too many good things about the story I’d much rather discuss.

I hope you will take some time to look around and find some topics (or start new ones) that you will enjoy. As with any existing group we tend to get into ruts here and new voices with new ideas are very welcome.

Have a wonderful day – hope to see you joining in with this crazy group. 🙂