Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

cynthia
Participant

Well said, Plaidwoman! I enjoy this show so much and there’s so much negativity on the board about how other people are approaching it. I hope we can get back to discussing what we like about the show. I don’t want to be shamed for enjoying both lead actors (and Graham McTavish and the rest of the supporting cast).

Hi, Maggie. I’m sorry no one has welcomed you yet. Welcome! As per Terry, Barb is not a moderator so feel free to post and join the discussion.

I hope and pray that the “noise” dies down. It’s distracting and unpleasant to have to have discussions about butts, objectification and diplorable fan behavior.

Thanks for posting this, Plaidwoman. I think the topic has gotten out-of-hand, too, with many people being shouted down for not agreeing with a few. Like Maggie and others on here, I don’t want to be shamed by other viewers for enjoying this show, which includes Sam Heughan. I also don’t want to be ashamed of the fans of the show, or associated with ones that post lightened photos to see up his kilt or comment on his personal life. I hope this dies down when the show returns in April and that all this is due to the very long break in the season.