Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

plaidwoman
Participant

Terry
I just saw your thread on TW asking for opinions on the acceptance of sex on the show. The answers are quite diverse and truly reflect a broad base of age as well as readers vs. non readers. I would venture to say that it might be hard for the Starz PR to pinpoint the demographics they need to appeal to except for one little fact. Every sexy picture of either Sam himself or Sam as Jamie gets 10’s of thousands of hits/likes/comments. His follower numbers far out weigh Caitriona’s. PR is going with the numbers. I can’t say as I blame them I would however ask them to take another hard look at those demographics and do some multi level marketing to the rest of us.
A few weeks ago I saw someone post a sarcastic depiction of I think 10 different Outlander fan types and how they behaved on SM. They were spot on with their type descriptions albeit a little too crude and nasty on their behavior analysis. My point is there are at least 10 or more groups of opinions as to sex/no sex; less nudity/more nudity; more Jamie/more Claire; Droughtlander caused by Starz greed/mismanagement; etc etc etc. I also remember Ron saying he found the comments interesting but this was not a democracy and he would be telling the story the way it should be told. I do believe he has the degree and experience to see this through! My faith is in all of you that strive to make this series a great experience. I hope and pray that the “noise” dies down. It’s distracting and unpleasant to have to have discussions about butts, objectification and diplorable fan behavior. That last sentence is probably naive on my part and PR will continue on their path regardless of my opinion and there will be more bad behavior. sigh….

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by plaidwoman.