Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

barbc624
Participant

[quote quote=6604]

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>cynthia wrote:</div>

I see what some other people on Twitter say to him and I think it’s obnoxious, but I don’t think that means he should never appear on TV again in an undressed manner. I hope not.
[/quote

God, I hope not, too. But I don’t believe that’s what’s being suggested, luckily. ;-)
[/quote]

I’m in agreement with you Susan. 🙂 The presentation of the sexual relationship of Jamie and Claire on this show has been called groundbreaking, and I agree that it is. The sex and nudity is organic and is just one aspect of a wonderful relationship, as opposed to throwing in a bunch of naked women every so often in order to titillate (GoT and other shows). I certainly won’t say I don’t admire Jamie’s physical attributes, but they aren’t the primary reason I watch. There is so much more to Sam than a pretty face and sexy body, and I think his acting has been underrated the first half of the season due to the subtlety of his characterization.

And as Anastasia said the other half of that is Catriona who has really had a tough job having to be in pretty much every scene and has really carried the show so far.

The marketing of the show however doesn’t reflect any of that.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by barbc624. Reason: Hit submit by accident. Had to finish my thoughts. :)