Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Susan53
Participant

[quote quote=6580]Is there a call now to stop the camera from showing SH at all? Should Terry change the costumes so the cast doesn’t look as good as they do? Should the make-up and lighting people go home? We are human and we like to look at pretty people. And we can do that and still appreciate the acting work that goes with it, along with all the other craft work on the show.
[/quote]

I don’t think that’s been suggested, and feels like a bit of a leap to me, but maybe that’s intentional to make your point? 🙂

I agree we like to look at pretty people and I enjoy it tremendously as it supports the passion that is a part of Jamie and Claire’s relationship (and not gratuitous). I was just questioning whether the chosen marketing of the show might have contributed to the objectification issue we’ve been discussing.