Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

JB
Participant

[quote quote=6577]I think the viewers who are there for the story not primarily the sex, and who dislike the objectification, are getting drowned out/are pulling back from social media concerning the show (I know I have). Thus the voices of the fans who are into the sex/objectification become more magnified as they reflect back to Starz, which in turn encourages Starz to up their game. It has become a classic feedback loop.[/quote]

Yes, this is exactly what I was trying to put my finger on. It does seem to have become an ever-escalating cycle of titillate and be titillated. And there does seem to be a faction of fans who are enjoying that. More power to them. I personally feel that it’s underselling the show.