Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

cynthia
Participant

The relationship between Jamie and Claire is the heart of this show, and that does include the sex. Show me a hit television show that isn’t marketing itself with sex right now. I understand the anger and frustration that some fans cross lines when speaking of (or Tweeting at) the cast, but it’s undeniable that this is a sexy show — a SMART sexy show, an ADVENTUROUS sexy show but there is sex on this show. Barb if it offends you, you can always watch with the picture off but I doubt it would be as fun.

And that’s okay for it to be a sexy show. Is there a call now to stop the camera from showing SH at all? Should Terry change the costumes so the cast doesn’t look as good as they do? Should the make-up and lighting people go home? We are human and we like to look at pretty people. And we can do that and still appreciate the acting work that goes with it, along with all the other craft work on the show.