Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Susan53
Participant

Just shaking my head at how all this works. Outlander Starz has been pushing the “Jamielicious” (I can not believe I just typed that) factor with their posts/tweets this past week. From the under the kilt shot, to the “does it ever stop” clip to “because we can never get enough Jamie” clip for today. I’m not suggesting that this is an objectification of Jamie, just pointing out that some of this approach to marketing the show doesn’t help things. Reminds me of what someone here said earlier, that they’d read complaints about the “plot getting in the way of the sex.”

I suppose they’re (Starz/Sony) certainly in their rights to drum up attention for the show, however they see fit. And certainly, more viewers will help ensure more seasons. But . . . it just makes me feel weird. Like I’m out of step with the whole thing. Hmm . . . not sure. Still thinking.