Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

JB
Participant

[quote quote=6521]I just can’t create in my mind a face I have never seen before. I could make the characters look like actors I am familiar with or people that I know or pictures that I have seen.[/quote]

I’m the same. I think it’s because I don’t really know what it means to have “broad cheekbones” or a “long nose.” I have no clue what that translates to in human anatomy.

One thing I realized is that I often root scenes in places that are familiar to me. Like when I was reading the scenes in OL when Jenny, Ian, Jamie and Claire are spending cozy nights chatting in front of the fire (or the one when Jamie’s recovering from being shot in Voyager), I suddenly realized that in my head they were sitting in the den in the house I grew up in. It’s a tiny room with no fireplace, but somehow that’s what I was visualizing.