Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

rachely
Participant

I’ve been pondering this all day. Was reading another book and trying to figure out what I see in my head. And it’s nothing. I don’t make any pictures at all. If I try to make a picture I’ll make a picture of a person the right general size and coloring, but the face is just a blur. But that’s only if I force myself to make a picture.

Also, I ALWAYS have something in my lap when I’m watching TV, sewing, needlework, anything. My husband always says I can’t tell him what anyone looks like on any of HIS shows on TV, since I never look up. I could tell you the plot, quote lines, but never see anyone. Even OL, where I”m in it for the costumes, I’ll look up, see the costume. Try to see it with a character standing still and moving, and then I look back at whatever is in my lap.

(Husband used to watch some anime show and I was so befuddled by the plot, until I figured out that two of the voices were so similar I thought it was the same character talking and he was bipolar)