Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

barbc624
Participant

Ooh I love that idea. Never thought of it and I do write. I’m definitely going to think more on that.

I can’t take the credit for any of the research so far – my oldest brother is the genealogist in the family. He has done his research by mail and online since he can’t really travel due to health reasons. That’s why the Scotland research will fall to me when I go.

Your family history sounds like it could have some very interesting stuff in it as well. I love history and it is fascinating to me to learn that family members have been part of some well known historical events. As another example, my brother recently told me that my mom’s great great grandfather on her mother’s side (not exactly sure how many greats there are) was in Sherman’s Army in the civil war and took part in the March to the Sea. My brother has his saber (again not sure if that’s the correct terminology – it’s some kind of sword!) hanging on his wall.