Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

CelticGlamazon
Participant

[quote quote=6429]Mighty capable men? Not sure I am feeling very creative at the moment. How about Tuesday Tantalizing Threads? Crystal, I would be interested in exploring the following thread:
1) Honor – DG has given us a modern day fairy tale set in factual times. This is such a departure from many of the contemporary stories we enjoy come to life in TV or movies. I am thinking of the Narnia movies, Game of Thrones, Once Upon a Time, or Hunger Games. With Outlander, there is no need for an explanation of secular humanism or Christian imagery as in the Narnia stories. Here, we have a love story/fairy tale that does not shy away from Celtic beliefs or Christian beliefs. Jamie’s self esteem and self awareness are closely tied to his faith. Would we find Jamie as compelling if he was not such a strong spiritual presence? I don’t think I would. Well, I am off to keep the popcorn from burning and then pick up daughter from volleyball. Good Night! [/quote]

How to post a new topic:

From the main page

General Outlander Discussion

Scroll to the very bottom of the page and look for the attached image. After that it’s just like replying to a thread inside a topic. Hope that helps.

Crystal aka CelticGlamazon

Ps If you want to add tags that will help search for the topics, and try to make the title as obvious as possible that way people really see what it’s about from the main page. 🙂