Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Books: Voyager and Beyond (spoilers, spoilers EVERYWHERE)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Books: Voyager and Beyond (spoilers, spoilers EVERYWHERE) Reply To: Books: Voyager and Beyond (spoilers, spoilers EVERYWHERE)

AllisonL
Participant

Outlander and Voyager are my favorites (so far, I’m on Breath of Snow and Ashes so I have two more to go, then #9)not just because of the reunion, but because for once DG gets to the emotional core of those two characters in a way she doesn’t seem to do elsewhere. And I agree with everyone that the whole West Indies thing was too rushed and breathless, I wanted J and C to just stay in bed for a few weeks and chill. I hated Fiery Cross; it was the book that bored me so much that I abandoned the entire series for more than a decade. The TV series led me back to the books and I finally slogged my way through FC. Breath of Snow and Ashes is a big snoozefest so far, there is no plot, only a series of happenings and events in the lives of the residents of Fraser’s Ridge. I am happy that there’s more sex in this one, though, FC was a sexual desert. How can you have access to that magical scotish penis and not use it? Jeez. And for the record, I don’t count any sexual relations between Roger and Brianna as “sex,” since I can’t stand either character and the thought of them canoodling sets my teeth on edge.