Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: Books: Voyager and Beyond (spoilers, spoilers EVERYWHERE)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion Books: Voyager and Beyond (spoilers, spoilers EVERYWHERE) Reply To: Books: Voyager and Beyond (spoilers, spoilers EVERYWHERE)

Zina_t
Participant

Hi everybody. Have been reading your posts for a while with much interest, but never had the courage to post. Please excuse my English as it is my 3rd language. I love Voyager, but agree with you that too much happens too fast. What I would really like to discuss is Jenny’s behaviour towards Claire when Jamie brought her to Lallybroch. She tried everything possible to make Claire go away and almost succeeded. Knowing her love and devotion to her brother, willingness to sacrifice a lot to ensure his wellbeing, it seems so out of character that she would rather keep him close by, regardless how deeply unhappy he was, than giving him a chance at happiness with Claire. Didn’t she feel guilty enough for orchestrating that ridiculous marriage to Laoghaire that brought Jamie nothing but misery and trouble. Your thoughts will be greatly appreciated.