Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

MrsParker
Participant

Connie, I hear what you are saying, and I think it has to do with writing style. I had a class a few years ago that said we should always write from a personal view-point, and I don’t agree with that. I feel the fact that it’s on Terri’s personal blog infers that it’s her own opinion, and I’m a fan of writing that uses less “I” statements. Less “I” statements implies that you are speaking from a place of authority and as it’s Terri’s blog she has all the authority.

I realize that this writing style is a personal preference and one that isn’t utilized on the internet much these days. I would say the same even if I didn’t agree with so much of what Terri is saying. (I also realize that I use a lot of “I” statements on here — that’s so my opinions don’t sound overly bossy and I think it’s better to be this way on a forum.)