Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

conniebv
Participant

Terri, I read it, and I am not sure how I feel about it. My mother is quite outrageous, and a lady, and always tells me to put on makeup and heels and do my hair. Everyone’s mom is different. I suppose I agree with it, but it’s sort of difficult to gauge the purpose of it? I feel sort of like you are setting up as the Emily Post of Outlander. Maybe I perceive that because your posts are directed outwardly instead of inwardly. They don’t state your position as much as what you think others should do.

So I think what I am saying is that while I think you make valid points, this style or focus makes them hard to take. At least for a broad like me that questions being fed viewpoints. Maybe it’s something to chew on if you want to keep on this subject in this fandom.

Still, props for putting yourself out there.