Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

barbc624
Participant

You have a good point – I hadn’t parsed it that fine. 🙂 But either way it comes down to, as women are we going to be better than men have been in that way, or are we going to sink to their level and say “Yay, now we can be equal opportunity objectifiers.” I don’t want to be that kind of equal I guess.

And I do think Sam is a big boy and can take care of himself – it’s not about being protective of him specifically, rather more of a principle because the ordinary male or female subjected to that may not be emotionally able to deal with it and shouldn’t have to.

Not to say I don’t quietly admire a view of a fine male anatomy, but I pretty much keep it to myself or those close to me. 😉