Terry Dresbach

Outlander Costume Designer

Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

Home Outlander Costuming Discussion Forums General Outlander Discussion On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry) Reply To: On the Objectification of Sam, et al. PART II (added per the request of Terry)

plaidwoman
Participant

I agree with you Allison, I’m not bothered by DG comment, but I can see why some do. I think the slippery slope took the big dive about the time the series aired. I read a lot of the professional reviews ( Full disclosure I’m a recent retiree with too much time on her hands) they were what I expected, some had read the books and got it and others just panned it because they could. By the time The Wedding aired the woodwork opened up and the bugs came a crawlin’! This was a good six or so weeks after Diana’s comments on Mr Heughan’s arse. The earlier blog posts commented on how the book Claire and Jamie were depicted and now the blogs and comments turned into rants on the stars anatomies and personal lives. It happened so fast, my head was spinning. Opinions are fact and supposition is gospel. I find objectification troubling but I find the intrusion on these people’s lives more problematic. I wont presuppose what they are feeling or want out of life but this cannot be a comfortable way to exist. I’m sticking with the cohorts I’ve met that are more concerned with real life and I look forward to Matt Robert’s photos, Terry’s costume tutorials, Maril’s Heard on Sets, the Whiskey Tastings and a little cast and crew snark. I’m happier there
BTW my name is Jane and my moniker is about my career and not Outlander 😉